Airflow Systems was the first company to successfully deliver a viable air conditioning kit for a composite kit built aircraft over 15 years ago when we installed our first kit in a Lancair IV-P. Since delivering that first kit, a program of continuous improvement has resulted in the lightest, most energy efficient A/C system available for the iconic IV-P. Easy to install, our kit does not require cutting large holes in your airframe. The condenser scoop, optimized in a university wind tunnel, allows the elimination of heavy and energy hungry condenser fans.
The ability to close and lock the door and taxi in air conditioned comfort improves safety and pilot performance. Inflight, the a/c offsets hot pressurized air coming for the turbo charger used to pressurize the cabin. Almost as important as reducing temperature, the a/c system removes moisture from the cabin air and delivers it overboard through a proprietary check valve that prevents any loss of cabin pressure. These well proven kits are an asset when you own the aircraft and when it comes time to sell.
- CNC machined aluminum compressor brackets (hard anodized)
- New Serpentine pulley
- Evaporator w/ 3 speed fan (12 or 24 volt)
- High efficiency compressor
- Composite evaporator shelf
- 4 high-flow vents
- Receiver drier w/ mounts
- Safety pressure switch
- Belly scoop w/ condenser
- Complete wiring kit w/ all terminals and connectors
- All hoses, fittings, and belts
- All hardware necessary for installation
- Excellent customer support